At Pacific Coast Retreats you are at the midway point of Chesterman Beach: an easy walk to North or South Chesterman depending where the surf is and a wonderful place to walk out to Frank Island and explore the rocks and view of the lighthouse from the west side.
Pacific Coast Retreats is close to neighbourhood shops for ice cream and chocolate treats, groceries, and to the village for surf rentals and lessons, restaurants, whale watching, fishing charters and kayak rentals.
By car, from Vancouver:
Approximately 4 hours of driving plus 1.75 hours by ferry
- Take BC Ferries from Vancouver (Horseshoe Bay) to Nanaimo. Reservations are recommended.
- From Nanaimo follow Hwy. 19 North
- Take exit 60 onto Hwy 4 West
- Turn Right at Tofino/Ucluelet junction
- Turn Left onto Chesterman Beach Road
- 1336 Chesterman Beach Road (on your right).
- We will give you detailed directions and check-in procedures upon reserving.
By bus, from Vancouver:
By air, from Vancouver:
Winter Tires & Chains
Rapid changes in elevation and weather can make highway conditions in B.C. unpredictable during the winter. Drivers must obey winter tire and chain signs throughout the province from October 1 to March 31.
Steps away from Chesterman Beach:
1336 Chesterman Beach Road, Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0