At Pacific Coast Retreats you are 200 feet from spectacular Chesterman Beach, an easy 2 minute stroll across the road and down a tree lined path on to white sand and the Pacific Ocean. We are midway point to South Chesterman where the surf is and a wonderful place to walk out to Frank Island and explore the rocks and view of the lighthouse from the west side.
Pacific Coast Retreats is close to neighborhood shops for ice cream, chocolate treats, gourmet take out, groceries, yoga studio and to the village for surf rentals and lessons, restaurants, whale watching, fishing charters, kayak rentals and so much more.
By car, from Vancouver:
Approximately 4 hours of driving plus 1.75 hours by ferry
- Take BC Ferries from Vancouver (Horseshoe Bay) to Nanaimo. Reservations are recommended.
- From Nanaimo follow Hwy. 19 North
- Take exit 60 onto Hwy 4 West
- Turn Right at Tofino/Ucluelet junction
- Turn Left onto Chesterman Beach Road
- 1336 Chesterman Beach Road (on your right).
- We will give you detailed directions and check-in procedures upon reserving.
By bus, from Vancouver:
By air, from Vancouver:
Winter Tires & Chains
Rapid changes in elevation and weather can make highway conditions in B.C. unpredictable during the winter. Drivers must obey winter tire and chain signs throughout the province from October 1 to March 31. Check DriveBC website
Steps away from Chesterman Beach:
1336 Chesterman Beach Road, Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0